Coffee Date Wednesday—- let’s catch up!
1. As you can see, I’m clutching my trucker thermos of coffee. This is seriously, THE BEST gift that Matt ever gave to me. It holds a whole pot of coffee! Today, I’m struggling with energy.
2. Thank you for all of your comments/tips/good thoughts regarding my parenting post a few days ago. I appreciate them and plan on getting a Christian-based book on raising boys—one that both my sister, dad, and another tumblr recommended!
3. My eye infection seems to have gotten better. Thankfully, I no longer look like the Hunchback of Notre Dame.
4. Already today, I’ve busted butt in spin class, cleaned up a 4 year old who wet his bed sometime during the night, sat in a leadership meeting, fitness tested with Period 1, discussed depression and eating disorders with Period 2, graded 40 projects, and now I’m eating tuna from the can.
5. I play my husband in fantasy football this week. We are betting each other something… just don’t know what. I need to pick something good if/when I win. Last year, he won and this will NOT be happening again.
6. Today, Melissa finishes her YEAR of running. 365 days. She is an inspiration to me and you should drop her a message of congratulations!
7. Taryn’s 3rd birthday party is Saturday- I’m estimating about 30+ people (kids and adults) to be attending. I’ve got crafts for the little ones, food for everyone, and a mega purple cake coming your way this weekend. I’m so excited for the cakeeeeeeeeeee, but starting to have a slight panic attack over the whole party prep logistics.
8. Confession: we have a cleaning service. I’m really not in to sharing this with people, but cleaning is a weakness for our family. By cutting back on things like dinners out/trips/movie channels, it allows us once a month, to get the house cleaned. *I’m blushing right now*
9. I weighed myself this past Friday and saw ____lbs. Looked normal and such. On Monday, after a basic weekend of training/eating normally, I weighed myself on the same scale and saw ___ +7 lbs. WHAT THE WHAT? Seriously, folks. This is why you don’t fixate on a number. Goodbye for a while, scale.
10. What I’m loving lately: orchard fresh apples, burt’s bees peppermint chapstick, teaching health, hoodie and shorts weather, chewing lots of gum, being a proud mom- despite all the stress and pressure.