Simple pleasures from today:
1. The perfect 1st cup of coffee. Like. Amazing. Perfect temperature, strength, and flavor.
2. Finally, after about a month, I’m noticing that my skin is beginning to clear up. I’m about done with these acne flare ups.
3. Baby powder… Seriously? So underrated. A little in the shoes and it’s like I’m walking on air.
4. A body that works normally.
5. One of my students printed out some song lyrics with highlighted sections that were “meant for me”. It doesn’t take much to tug on my heart.
And yeah- that’s all I got.
Aiden is thrilled. Taryn is seriously faking it.
Bass Pro Shop Santas are the best. Merry Christmas.
Let’s be honest.
Yesterday I attempted to eat as little as possible and use exercise as punishment instead of for strength and enjoyment. I got a little weak in my ways. I reverted back for a short period of time…. But oh well. It’s done. I’m moving on. My workout suffered this morning from lack of fuel, which is something I don’t want to happen again. I didn’t get to where I am by falling back into what is comfortable or safe. But I know it’s normal. Slip ups happen. Get over it. Move on.
I’m still ‘streaking’ on the other end of ‘eating related things’…. I’m pushing 28 weeks this Thursday. Twenty-Eight? Wow, that is 7 months. I almost caved, but I kept repeating the number over and over in my head and telling myself that I couldn’t surrender for 5 minutes and go back down starting at week 1.
So yeah… there ya go. One of my biggest flaws is public again and well, it’s humbling. But I’ve got motivation. The picture above (taken this morning) is something that drives me. I mean… seriously- these legs have pulled me through places that I thought I’d never climb out. They haven’t given up on me yet. Sometimes I wonder why I’m worthy of such a strong, resilient body. But once again, I’m thankful.
My back workout, despite feeling a bit light headed, was pretty beast. I went up on most of my weights and feel pretty good right now after nourishing myself with what my body needed.
1. Sometimes you just need to throw on your hood and sweat the eff outta your workout. This happened this morning.
2. I chose tea over coffee today. i don’t know why. I was just feeling it, I guess.
3. I roasted 3 more trays of vegetables like this…. like 20 pounds.
I’m sort of officially but non-officially in contest prep… I’m 15 weeks out from a tentative competition, but I’m not going to do anything too different than what I’m doing now. I don’t want to peak too early or get my hopes up if the March show doesn’t work out.
4. I used some leftover turkey to make a big bowl of biscuit & gravy mush for dinner….
Aiden: “Mom, that was gooood food”.
When you have picky eaters, this compliment is worth it’s price in gold.
1. Charlie the Elf returned this afternoon (he’s in the tree!)…. hoping to keep the kids wrangled in between now and Christmas with this little guy “watching”….
2. Christmas tree is naked, but my burlap bunting is up. I love that thing…. I love the meaning of the word, especially this time of year. Homemade craft making at it’s finest.
3. My sister, though hundreds of miles away… thank you.
4. In bed at 8 pm? yes.
Went to the gym with Ashliegh this afternoon…. First, she PR’d with a 150 pound bench and then we both took turns on the most obnoxious surf simulating machine and laughed like 12 year olds. It did burn my legs a bit, for the 45 seconds that I was on……
I had to swing by the Vitamin Shoppe to pick up some supps + new pre workout, but I got out of that shopping center as quickly as possible to avoid the madness.
Too many darn people….. ain’t nobody got time for that.
Turkey trot + teaching 1 hr of spin = DONE!
Had a blast with the 5K despite it being 27 degrees at the start of the race.
It was great to not feel pressure to run super fast and just enjoy the time on the course with good company :-).
This week, I’ve done more cardio than I’d like to admit and my hips are not happy. Gonna take it easy for a while. But, tomorrow I’m gonna kill my shoulders!
I’m currently feeling very thankful for my health, as it’s something that is not always guaranteed.
Things are getting serious up in here.
This is my “am I really at work right now” face….
- I can’t complain I guess- my principal put me “in charge” of the building today, which makes me feel pretty good.
- I’m downloading music, dancing at my desk, rolling my IT band, and kind of planning for classes.
- I made my first homemade pie crust last night. I’m really nervous as to how it is going to turn out—- making a vanilla pecan pie for tomorrow.
- Looking forward to coffee this afternoon with friends from 1st grade. The best relationships are those that, without a hitch, can pick up after a year and still laugh about middle school stuff.
- I had an old eating disorder dream 2 nights ago. I had to actually go to another room to get myself out of it. Not sure of the root cause, but it def wasn’t cool.
- I’m running a 5K tomorrow. Not gonna lie- I’m a bit nervous as to how I’m going to do….. Hah. It’s going to be super cold so I’m sure I’ll be dressed like a damn Eskimo. Looking forward to a good sweat before eating approx 7.5 pounds of turkey.
Pictures that makes the school newspaper. hmph.
I am the epitome of professional, I tell ya. Whatev…. I do it for the kiddos.
Today is a 1/2 day. The kids are so pumped for thanksgiving that they can’t even see straight. I’ve got parent-teacher conferences for a few students but for the most part, I’m grading and planning for next week’s classes (and maybe looking at recipes and new workouts……..maybe?).
I wore jeans and non- athletic shoes today, which really took the kids off their game. They weren’t quite sure what to think, but I did get about 5 compliments on my floppy little shoes.
"Hey Mrs. Clever got those Sanuks on…looking sharp."
Bahaha. If they only knew that Mrs. Clever got these babies for $1 at wal-mart.
I got most of the Christmas stuff out this afternoon—- and out of all the Christmas decorations we have, this $4 Charlie Brown tree purchased from Ollie’s is probably my favorite.
I’m not quite sure what it is about this little tree, but there is a simplicity to it that makes me stop and smile. A reminder to slow down and pause. A slight calm within the “storm”. I don’t know.
Maybe it’s because it reminds me of Christmas Eve as a child; reading the leather bound red-edged bible with my family before going to bed. Or maybe it’s because my dad still lights up when he does his sermon on Linus reciting Luke chapter 2. Or maybe it’s because when my Aiden watches Charlie Brown Christmas, he smiles at the TV in a way that is so pure and loving.
But yeah, long story short- I love this little tree.
Thanks for hanging through a sappy-non-Sabrina-like post. But this is pretty much me too……….. & I’m done.
It’s Sunday and I can NOT drag myself off the couch. I’ve only been here for like an hour, but my trusty hat, camo fleece, and smell of warm vanilla caramel candle are hypnotizing me into a coma.
I spent a brief time at the Maryland State Powerlifting meet this morning to support Ash’s brother. I saw him squat 501 and saw another dude easily squat 633. This totally amps me up for tomorrow’s workout- Going to crush my lats…. peace.
I taught two hours of spin this morning. It was rather painful….. I mean, two hours of almost any exercise is a lot. I’m not quite the cardio junkie anymore and I would’ve much rather been lifting. But oh well.
Now, I’m wearing my grandpa slippers, sipping on mocha mint coffee —- it’s really not as good as I remember….
Also, the kids found some foam balls in the “craft box” and we’re now piecing together mini-snowmen.
Eating carrots and watching cartoons on a Friday night? I’m wild, I tell ya.
Here’s what’s going on:
- My hair is pretty darn curly/fuzzy…. but when I get anxious, I start to play with it in my hands and twirl it around my fingers. The straightness that you see in this pic is because of that….
- My biceps were twitching most of the day… I think it was too much caffeine. I went to the gym for a 2nd leg work out after school. Once again, it was full of clowns, but I felt slightly better once my muscles were totally depleted.
- I left my watch at the gym yesterday… sadly, it was gone when I got there this morning. I went to Target to get the cheapest time-only sports watch I could find and still dropped $33. When did watches get so expensive?
- Mariah Carey’s Christmas album never gets old. Sorry, I’m not sorry.
- Making oreo truffles this weekend. We’ll see if I can improve my chocolate dipping skills.
- I got a pound of mocha mint coffee that I ONLY buy this time of year. Pretty excited to brew some this weekend.