We sent #1 off to Kindergarten today. I was overcome with emotions as he confidently walked on the bus, like he knew exactly what he was doing. Feelings of pride and love that I haven’t felt in a looooong time came rushing through me.
All in all, I think he had a great day.
My first day was pretty good too… still trying to find a balance between school, training, SLEEP, part time job, and studying, which has not been happening nearly enough.
Do I dare say it??? (1 down… 179 to go…)
Things I did today:
- wallowed in my own self pity after sleeping horribly and feeling miserable about myself
- fooled around on cardio, not actually doing work
- made oatmeal chocolate chip protein muffins for the kids and matt to have for quick snacks & breakfasts
- created an organization system for Aiden to pack his lunches (other than sandwich) by himself on a nightly basis
- took an hour nap
- went to a toddler birthday party
- meal planned for the next 2 weeks (Aiden picks a night, Taryn picks a night, and Matt picks Sunday night crock pot meals)
- worked on client meal plan programming
…….and now I’m eating cinnamon egg whites and smooth move tea. yep… smooth move tea. If you don’t know about it, you are either a) lucky or b) totally missing out!
I swear guys… I’m alive…. But life is just happening fast. Maybe on Saturday, I will attempt to catch up with everyone.
Still trying to crush every workout, stick to my new carb/fat cycle meal plan, study, prepare the 5 yo for kindergarten, tolerate the 3 yo and her need for “mommy.mommy.mommy”, and do something that resembles being a teacher….. Now I sleep.
"Oh look at mommy!!! You really need a lasso though…"
Why thanks, Aiden….but what mom realllllly needs is a bigger shirt and some blazing hot coffee.
I left this place one week before competition and I’m coming back in full “grow” mode. Anxiety level is slightly elevated.
People want to talk about their “amaaaazing” summers and I just want to eat my first meal.
Well, damn. This should be fun for the next…eh.. 10 months. Ugh.
Welcome to another school year.
So yeah— as much as I flippin’ love this website… I don’t know how much time I’ll reasonably have to be clicking little hearts and writing comments. I swear, I’m here in spirit. I’m cheering for every new relationship, cheat meal, funny meme, and PR. But for reals.. my life is about to take off. Not just me, but my kiddos too. (Plus, the site is blocked at school.. sooooo… I always use all my data in like 3 days! hah)
I’m starting some new things… following some of those “gut feelings”. So, while I hope to continue posting my workout/physique progress on a regular basis, for now, I’m going to lay off the tumblr time. Nothin’ but love though…
Tagged by steel-magn0lia
My questions are:
1. Have you been to a Disney park and if so what is your favorite ride? Yes— I like the Tower of Terror as a kid and now as an adult, I kinda like Small World!
2. Are you more of a movie person or music? Music
3. Favorite childhood memory? It’s probably more of a feeling— the anticipation of Christmas and other big holidays. Just pure joy.
4. Worst childhood memory? In about 3rd grade, a “friend” purposely stepped on a craft that I had made for my parents. I saw her look at me, step on it, and look away, laugh, and then have the balls to “ohhhh. i’m soooo sorry”.
5. If you could change one thing in your life, what would it be? My controlling over the top personality… but that’s prob not going anywhere.
6. If you could significantly do something to right a big wrong in the world, what would it be? I’d personally interrogate kids who do wrong to other kids.
7. PBJ with what kind of jelly? Strawberry w/ big chunks
8. If you could eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? Apples
9. Favorite movie of all time? Prancer
10. If you could permanently change one thing about your appearance, with no pain, and for free, would you and what would it be? EEk— umm.. either longer eyelashes or slightly bigger boobs.
Tagged by runfrostyrun
1. What’s at the top of your bucket list? Feeling happy & content. Honest to goodness happy.
2. If you could go anywhere in the world right now (free of charge), where would you go? Maybe Australia, but most likely somewhere with a huge log cabin and big fireplace overlooking the mountains.
3. If you could instantly learn another language, which would it be? Better English— like more complex vocabulary.
4. Favorite 5th grade class? Phys Ed or Music
5. What’s your first ever crush up to? Hmm— just had a baby. Still local I believe— making 10x more money than I will ever make. Hahaha
6. Favorite holiday dish? My mom’s stuffing from inside the turkey.
7. If you could wrap (toilet paper) someone’s house today, who would you pick? My parents— they would probably think it was funny.
8. If you could be REALLY good at one sport, what would it be? Bodybuilding. DLB??!
9. What’s your grandma like? Well, she’s very much like me. We are sort of the same. A bit moody, controlling, and like to sleep. She’s not the typical knitting grandma. She loves me and my family beyond words tho…
10. Favorite ice cream flavor? Cherry Garcia or Choc Chip Cookie Dough
The size and height of the bun is directly and positively correlated to the amount of crazy.
MOMMY MOOOMMYYYYY! (crying…screaming…arms flailing)
Aiden: “Taryn has a chocolate chip stuck in her nose!!!”
Taryn, trying to “pull it out” ends up pushing it further up….
Now Aiden is crying.
While Taryn continues to hyperventilate, I rub the outside of her nose enough to slightly melt the chocolate chip and eventually pull it out.
- I’m gaining weight at what feels like super human speed
- my elbow is nagging me..still
- I pulled some sort of thumb/index finger muscle. Like why?
- the space between my ears is running 500 miles/ minute
- irrational sabrina wants to crash on the brakes and make a few quick u-turns
- the real me knows that I need to trust the process and exhibit patience
So, I drink my hot coffee and keep going…… because some people have it worse. And because I gotta keep going.
Shoulders and chest this morning.
Now I study. Yep. That’s right, I’m studying.
Making sure I get my meal plan 100% today. Gotta eat to grow, Clev.
A tumblr meet up virgin, duh…
So yeah- I had coffee with strengthgained this afternoon.
So cool. She’s super real and I totally recognized her sweet hair cut as she was driving through the parking lot!!! Seriously though— why can’t I pull off short hair?
We had some quality conversation and genuine laughs, which I NEED oh so much. It’s pretty cool to meet someone who is very much similar in terms of their ingrained personality, but yet different in the way of how and where they grew up.
10/10 will do coffee with her again.
Nope— got a 3rd. Sorry it took me a few.
3. Dirty Dancing.